Monday, February 26, 2018
I'm thankful for...
A wooden swing in our backyard. Josh put it together, and it's been a little dream come true.
Beautiful, bright sunshine streaming through our windows this morning!
Fresh flowers, and a to do list to help me tackle spring cleaning. It's time! I love spring cleaning.
Iced latte's, good books, random road trips, and an entire weekend with my little family.
Life is good! Happy Monday!
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
I thought I'd share my simple morning routine. I love to read other people's routines, tips, and tricks. It's amazing how much it inspires me to stick with what I' doing or occasionally add/take away from my current routine.
During this season of life, I'm learning that having a schedule keeps our days running smoother which makes for a MUCH happier mom. Can anyone else relate?
1. The first thing I do every morning without fail is to say a prayer of thanksgiving and protection over my family. What better way to start off my day than to thank the one who gave it to me? I've done this for as long as I can remember.
2. Next up, I make my bed. It immediately makes my room look more put together and honestly, it makes me feel better.
3. The second thing I do is get dressed and do a 5-10 minute Pilates workout. I've been doing this since last fall, and it has really changed my overall mindset. It helps wake me up, clear my mind and set the tone for my day. It also helps me relax so I can enjoy my morning without feeling stressed. It has been such a game changer for me (and I rarely use that term...).
4. I drink half a glass of lemon water. Some days it's fresh squeezed lemon and other days I use lemon juice. My friend Naomi got me started on this trick and the health benefits are fantastic. It's a great way to detox your body before starting the day!
5. Finally, I sit down with a cup of coffee, my planner and my computer. This is my "me" time before I get the kids up. I like to write my list of things to do, check my e-mail, and read.
What does your morning routine look like?
Thursday, February 8, 2018
The sun is streaming through the windows this morning. The sun!!! We've had some gloomy days as of late, and it's so nice to wake up to spills of light at my kitchen table. I'm sipping coffee, and working on my "to do" list before I get the girls up and going for the day.
Part of the reason I haven't blogged lately is that our house has been in remodeling mode for the last few weeks. What we thought would take three days, took more like two weeks. He he. We had wainscoting installed in our living/dining/hallway area. Despite layers of dust everywhere and a disrupted schedule (note: I'm officially one of those people...I NEED my schedule to function. Just ask Josh. Ha!), it has really turned out to be a nice addition to our home. The bonus, being that we chose to paint the wainscoting and wall pure white which brightened up our living room! I love it.
I've been busy with the girls, gearing up to join our "new" church and learning new traditions to add to our daily routine. We've been reading Psalms 23 together every day, and both girls are working on memorizing the first verse. It amazes me what kids can do!
I have to say, I am ready for some warmer temps OR I would also take some snow if it's going to be this cold. I'm feeling slightly jilted by winter this year. ;)
Off to finish my coffee! Happy Thursday. :)
Last week, we enjoyed a few rare days of warm weather. Which put me in the mood for... Spring cleaning! I've spent the last few d...
"Preserve your memories. Keep them well, what you forget, you can never retell" ~ Louisa May Alcott Fall colors have finally...
If I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life...I would pick tacos. I mean, how can you go wrong with tortillas? I don't think yo...