Wednesday, February 21, 2018
My Simple Morning Routine
I thought I'd share my simple morning routine. I love to read other people's routines, tips, and tricks. It's amazing how much it inspires me to stick with what I' doing or occasionally add/take away from my current routine.
During this season of life, I'm learning that having a schedule keeps our days running smoother which makes for a MUCH happier mom. Can anyone else relate?
1. The first thing I do every morning without fail is to say a prayer of thanksgiving and protection over my family. What better way to start off my day than to thank the one who gave it to me? I've done this for as long as I can remember.
2. Next up, I make my bed. It immediately makes my room look more put together and honestly, it makes me feel better.
3. The second thing I do is get dressed and do a 5-10 minute Pilates workout. I've been doing this since last fall, and it has really changed my overall mindset. It helps wake me up, clear my mind and set the tone for my day. It also helps me relax so I can enjoy my morning without feeling stressed. It has been such a game changer for me (and I rarely use that term...).
4. I drink half a glass of lemon water. Some days it's fresh squeezed lemon and other days I use lemon juice. My friend Naomi got me started on this trick and the health benefits are fantastic. It's a great way to detox your body before starting the day!
5. Finally, I sit down with a cup of coffee, my planner and my computer. This is my "me" time before I get the kids up. I like to write my list of things to do, check my e-mail, and read.
What does your morning routine look like?
I'm finishing up my iced coffee this morning, while catching up with some online work. The girls slept in after a late (and fun) nigh...
"Preserve your memories. Keep them well, what you forget, you can never retell" ~ Louisa May Alcott Fall colors have finally...
If I had to eat one meal for the rest of my life...I would pick tacos. I mean, how can you go wrong with tortillas? I don't think yo...