I love the week after Thanksgiving. I've never given much thought to it, but I realize now that it's a blessedly quite week before the Christmas festivities begin. To ponder all the reasons I am thankful...
- I'm thankful for my family. For a hard working and kind husband, for the health of my children. For the ability to make memories as a family of four.
- I'm thankful for several opportunity to bless others and be blessed in return. Cheesy? Perhaps.
- I'm thankful for a long and luscious fall this season. We had glorious colors that lasted for weeks! Typically, fall last for only a short window of time due to droughts, but this year we had more rain than ever!
- I'm thankful for our cozy home that has been decked out for Christmas since mid-November. What can I say? The twinkle lights just make me smile.
- I'm thankful for a little Black Friday fun and traditions: Cracker Barrel for breakfast and an afternoon of shopping. We let the girls pick out new clothes and they had a blast!
And most of all, I am forever grateful for the grace of our Lord and Savior...the very reason this time of year is extra special. To celebrate not only His birth, but the REASON He came. <3